With Explorica’s Open Tours feature, independent students can still travel by joining a tour group from their area. It’s an opportunity to travel and make new friends along the way!
How does it work?
- Visit the Open Tours Marketplace to see tour groups from your area that are accepting independent travelers.
- Read about groups that already have tours planned, and if you find one you want to travel with, send them a message to get more information.
- Get to know the group before the tour by meeting ahead of time or communicating with them through your tour’s Message Center.
- If the Group Leader approves you to join the tour, you’ll be sent an email with a link to sign up for it.
- Experience new cultures, make new friends and explore the world on your Explorica educational tour!
Things to keep in mind
- You have to leave from the city the tour is already leaving from.
- The dates and itinerary cannot be changed.
- The tour’s Group Leader has to approve you before you can join.
- Before the group allows you to join, they may want to know a little more about you, and might ask you for some more information about yourself (like a transcript or letter of recommendation from a teacher).
Find an Open Tour in the Open Tours Marketplace or call us for assistance at 1.888.310.7121.