With Explorica’s Open Tours feature, Group Leaders like yourself can harness Explorica’s educational travel network to grow group sizes. By listing your tour as an Open Tour, you can generate interest from other local students and boost enrollment numbers for your tour.
What are the benefits of opening your tour to local students?
- Adding more travelers can help you get an additional free place and more rewards.
- A larger group can lower fees for other travelers.
- Explorica helps you recruit travelers so you can spend more time planning and organizing.
- Gain more exposure as a Group Leader in your community to help build awareness for your future tours.
How does it work?
- Create a listing for your tour in the Open Tours Marketplace by clicking on the “Open Tour Listing” link in the Teacher Toolbox section of your Tour Center.
- Complete your listing by providing details about your tour including how many tours you’ve led, what your group will be doing on tour, and more. You can also select what grades of travelers you’re willing to accept, as well as what information you would like to see before you approve them (i.e., a transcript or letter of recommendation).
- Collect any information from interested travelers and get to know them by meeting ahead of time or communicating with them over the phone or email.
- Approve/deny them to sign up for your tour from the Open Tour Listing page in your Tour Center.
- Bring your students and other community members on the educational experience of a lifetime.
You’re in Control
- No traveler can join your tour unless you approve them to.
- None of your information is publicly viewable including your full name, phone number or email address.
- You can update or remove your listing at any time from the Open Tour Listing page in your Tour Center.
Odds & Ends
- Travelers have to leave from the city the rest of the group is already leaving from.
- Travelers must agree to the same Terms and Conditions as all other travelers on your tour.
- You cannot list your tour in the Open Tours Marketplace within 65 days before your tour departs.
View the list of Open Tours in the Open Tours Marketplace
or call your Program Consultant at 1.888.886.9196.