Reports to: Director of Contracting & Operations
The Contracting & Operations Coordinator is responsible for the success of Contracting and Operations for the US. This is a key role in the successful production of our tours in the US. She or he works closely with the Director of Contracting & Operations to ensure operational targets and budgets are met.
- Demonstrates leadership, knowledge, skills and ability in the area of travel-related Contracting and Operations. Participates in the overall planning, development and success of our tours in the US. Takes all necessary and approved actions to achieve both short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Negotiates and contracts competitive rates with suppliers (hotels, restaurants, transportation companies, museums and attractions).
- Executes back office processes, including reservations and invoice processing.
- Supports tour directors with logistical matters when tours are running.
- Manages relevant reporting and analysis of contracting and operational stats to ensure goals are being met and surpassed. Assumes responsibility for budget management and of direct costs for the US.
- Drives Product Development for the US, and liaises with Director of Product Development in suggesting and implementing new product ideas.
- Liaises with Tour Director Department to ensure smooth operation of tours.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Administration, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 1-2 years progressive operational experience with a solid understanding of the travel industry or other related industries.
- Solid contracting, purchasing and negotiation experience and skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient technical and analytical skills.
- Available to travel frequently on business.
- Knowledge of NYC and DC
Desired Skills & Experience
Come make your mark on a growing and dynamic company. Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject of your email.
Explorica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, gender, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or veteran status.