About this job
Do you love travel? Are you passionate about education? Do you dream of a work environment where your travel experiences are not only appreciated but considered an asset? Then get your career started in the fun and exciting industry of educational travel at Explorica.
Explorica is a dedicated leader in educational travel, working with teachers to provide hundreds of thousands of students the opportunity to experience life-changing intercultural lessons through our immersive tours across the globe. We’re looking for an energetic, detail-oriented Sales Associate to provide support to teachers and students participating in our tours, ensuring that every detail is set to give them the experience of a lifetime. You will take a proactive and high service level approach to deliver all teacher needs, ultimately having a significant impact on the success of our tours. Not only will you get to work in a fun, fast-paced environment in sunny San Diego or exciting downtown Boston, but you will have the opportunity to build valuable career skills in this interdepartmental position.
- Work closely withsales executives to ensure that teachers and the groups they lead are fully prepared to travel, supplying all travelers with the appropriate information and handling any last minute requests prior or during tours.
- Answer and troubleshoot incoming service calls and emails, ensuring superior customer service, accuracy & timely responses, and creative solutions when needed.
- Create promotional materials such as PowerPoint presentations, custom tour itineraries, competitor comparisons and posters used to demonstrate our product to prospective clients.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Development and other departments, as applicable, to improve upon existing materials to maximize effectiveness
- Support the Sales department in additional administrative tasks.
- A Bachelor’s degree or secondary educational program recommended
- Strong attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to pick up new software quickly
- A passion for travel and education
- Over three weeks paid vacation your first year
- A paid overseas trip after your first year
- Casual work environment, with an intelligent, passionate and dedicated staff
- Regular company functions & outings
- Benefits package including health coverage, 401k with company match, and more
Come make your mark on a growing and dynamic company. Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title and office location (Boston or San Diego) in the subject of your email.
Explorica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, gender, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or veteran status.