Explorica is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented Junior Software Developer to join our high-energy team. If you want to learn, grow, and contribute in a fun and fast paced environment, then this is the job for you. The ideal candidate will take part in the entire life cycle of software engineering. S/He will participate in the planning, architecture, construction, testing and maintenance of internal and external web-based systems that will help students connect to new cultures, languages and people on educational tours across the globe.
- Research, design and develop new systems to support the business needs of each functional area for the company
- Gather and document user requirements
- Maintain existing systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- Work closely with other employees in areas such as Product Management, Flights, Sales, and Marketing to ensure proper system operation
- Apply strong problem-solving skills and lateral thinking, individually or as part of a team, to meet the needs of an assigned project
- Test and document your software
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of:
- .Net Framework (C#, ASP.Net)
- HTML, XSL/XML, CSS
- Strong background in object-oriented design
- Loves problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Thirst for knowledge and wants to grow as a developer
- Possesses strong communication skills in order to interact on both a technical and personal level
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
- A desire for a fun, casual environment with aggressive goals
*Visa sponsorship will not be provided*
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject of your email.
Explorica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, gender, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or veteran status.