Explorica is looking for a Jr. Air Operations Coordinator to assist the flights department with many aspects of air operations processes from beginning to end. Tasks as described below will be assigned and completed electronically by data entry or email transactions. Telephone and written communication with our airline partners will be required. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn and grow with the department.
- Securing/Ticketing group air space
- Complete air travel arrangements for deviations from group travel
- Administrative tasks (paying deposits, requesting deposit refunds, filing contracts.)
- Handling of airline queues in GDS.
- Schedule change notifications – GDS, Database, Email, Online postings.
- Building passive air records (itineraries) in GDS.
- Airline tax pricing using GDS.
- Quality control checks (Advisory queue.)
- Naming of group records.
- Additional projects may be assigned.
- Ability to work with others in a diplomatic manner.
- Eager to learn from and work with the airline/travel industry.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing and the ability to apply those skills when dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- GDS experience - Amadeus Preferred – training available for the right candidate.
- Must be well-organized and meticulous.
- Knowledge of geography and airport codes.
Come make your mark on a growing and dynamic company. Qualified candidates should apply here.
Explorica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, gender, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or veteran status.