About this job
The Accounting Supervisor is a key role within the Finance department at Explorica. Reporting to the Controller, the position is responsible for the day to day operations of the accounting department including month end responsibilities for Explorica Inc, Cash Management, and Audit Interface. There will be supervision of both process and staff.
- Perform month-end close tasks including preparation and/or oversight of month-end journal entries, intercompany transactions, corporate credit card integrations, and review of Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Primary liaison for banking relationships.
- Administrator of all Corporate Credit Card Programs
- Daily Cash Management including involvement with investment strategy
- Oversee Accounts Payable and international wire process
- Oversee Payroll and Benefits
- Primary interface for domestic audit
- Manage internal audit program
- Supervise local staff accountants and manage intern program.
- Administrator of general ledger software
- Minimum 5 years experience working in an accounting role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field - C.P.A. a plus
- Ability to communicate succinctly – both written and verbal with diplomacy
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software products. Computer Knowledge: MS Dynamics GP (preferred), Excel (advanced), Word, Crystal reports and NetSuite a plus
- Strong self-starter – possesses skill sets that provide growth with the company
- Organization skills - ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Possess a strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
- Takes ownership of tasks and sees them through to completion without supervision and with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and process improvement evolution
Explorica is an educational travel company with offices in Boston, San Diego, Toronto, Quebec City, Merida (Mexico), and London. We conduct worldwide educational tours for North high school students and their teachers. Our trusted, road-tested tours to Europe, Latin America, Asia, Africa, the South Pacific, the United States, and Canada create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, showing students that foreign language, history, literature, science and the arts don’t have to stay in the classroom.
- A paid overseas trip after your first year
- Casual work environment, with an intelligent, passionate and dedicated staff
- Regular company functions & outings
- Benefits package including health coverage, 401k with company match, and more
Come make your mark on a growing and dynamic company. Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume here.
Explorica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, gender, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or veteran status.